This is a fantastic opportunity to work within Michael J Dodden & Co Chartered Certified Accountants. We are an all-round accounting firm who deal with a range of clients from sole traders up to limited companies.
We are looking for a Semi-senior or senior accounts staff member to join our team in Bridgwater. This job can be flexible either a full time job with hours of 9am until 5pm (1-hour lunch) Monday to Friday or a part time job with hours to be agreed. Your responsibilities would include the following –
- Accounts preparation – Preparation of annual accounts for sole trader, partnership and limited company clients using Sage accounting software.
- Personal Tax returns – Preparation of personal tax returns using Sage software.
- Management accounts and bookkeeping – Maintaining clients’ accounting records from information and explanations provided and preparation of regular management accounts on various different types of software.
- VAT returns – Preparation of quarterly VAT returns from information supplied by clients.
- Corporation Tax returns – Preparation of corporation tax returns using Sage software.
- Other professional service roles – various jobs due to our accountancy practice being an all-round firm providing a lot of different services to many clients in different sectors.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Practice.
- Minimum AAT Qualified.
- Good IT skills, including experience of using different accounting packages or systems. (E.g. Sage, QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent)
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Confident communicator, able to liaise with clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Hours – negotiable up to 35 hours per week
- Holidays – standard 20 days plus bank holidays for full time workers, part time will be pro rated
- Pension scheme
- On-site parking spaces available
- Basic salary is dependant on qualification, experience and hours
- Please note this does not include any training contracts
- Start date: Immediately
If you are interested in applying for the above position then please send your CV, together with a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org