We have a further update on the application for small business grant funding which is now available to apply for via Sedgemoor district council. The criteria for businesses to qualify is as follows:
- Under the Small Business Grant Fund (SBGF) all eligible businesses in England in receipt of either Small Business Rates Relief (SBRR) or Rural Rates Relief (RRR) in the business rates system will be eligible for a payment of £10,000.
- Under the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant (RHLG) eligible businesses in England in receipt of the Expanded Retail Discount (which covers retail, hospitality and leisure) with a rateable value of less than £51,000 will be eligible for a cash grants of £10,000 or £25,000 per property.
- Eligible businesses in these sectors with a property that has a rateable value of up to and including £15,000 will receive a grant of £10,000.
- Eligible businesses in these sectors with a property that has a rateable value of over £15,000 and less than £51,000 will receive a grant of £25,000.
- Businesses with a rateable value of £51,000 or over are not eligible for this scheme. Businesses which are not ratepayers in the business rates system are not included in this scheme.
- Eligible recipients will receive one grant per property.
- Recipients cannot receive both SBGF and RHLG on the same property.
Full government guidance on the scheme can be found on the following link:
Previously the guidance had stated eligible businesses would receive a letter from their local council and then could apply for the grant, however the application form went live yesterday, 1st April 2020, and it is confirmed on the following link in RED that businesses do not need to wait to receive the letter in order to apply.
Please follow the link to apply for your business, please note, you will need your latest business rates notice to hand in order to apply as you will need the reference included on the letter.
On the above link please choose the option half way down the page: To apply for the grant please go to business grant application form (click link)
Please note properties occupied for personal uses, such as homes, private stables and loose boxes, beach huts, moorings, car parks and parking spaces and businesses which as of the 11 March were in liquation or were dissolved will not be eligible to apply for the grant.